Colour Fastness of Textile to Rubbing
- Crock Meter
- Grey scale
a) Rubbing finger
- Diameter-3.2 cm
- Flat area-2.5 cm
- Circular transition radius -0.32 cm
b) Rubbing cotton cloth
- Cut in squares- 5X5cm
NO. OF TEST PIECES
4 (Each not less than 14X 5 cm)
- Cut the sample in warp ways -2(1 for dry & 1 for wet rubbing) and
- Cut the sample in Weft ways-2 (1 for dry & 1 for wet rubbing)
- Fix the sample in rubbing device by using clamps.
- Rubbing it to and fro in straight line along a track 10 cm long on the dry specimen 10 times to and fro in 10 seconds with downward force 22N ( for pile fabrics, including floor covering ) or 9N (for all other textiles).
- For wet rubbing, wet the rubbing cloth with water (if cloth is 1 g means, wet up to 2g )
- After rubbing ,dry the cloth at room temperature
- Assess the staining of rubbing cotton clothes with Grey scale.
REFFERENCE SPECIFICATION : IS 766-1988