Prepare 5% Potassium Persulphate(K2S2O8)
To prepare 5% potassium persulfate solution, you will need:
- Potassium persulfate (also known as potassium peroxydisulfate)
- Distilled water
Here’s one way you could prepare the solution:
- Weigh out 50 grams of potassium persulfate.
- Slowly add the potassium persulfate to a container of 1000 milliliters of distilled water.
- Stir the mixture until the potassium persulfate is fully dissolved.
- If necessary, adjust the volume of the solution to 1000 milliliters with distilled water.
Note: It’s important to use distilled water, as impurities in tap water can affect the activity of potassium persulfate.