Identification of Polyurethanes
This Article prescribes, the requirements and the methods of test for identification of Polyurethanes (PU).
- Bunsen Burner
- Glacial Acetic Acid
- p- Dimethyl Amino Benzaldehyde
- Samples are cut into small pieces.
- Take 5gm of coated fabric and dissolved in 50ml of glacial acetic acid by warming for several minutes.
- To this added 0.1 gm p- Dimethyl Amino Benzaldehyde
- The solution turns yellow indicating presence of Polyurethane(PU).
The solution turns yellow indicating presence of Polyurethane.