Ash Content of Textile
- Drying oven – 105° C
- Weighing Balance
- Silica Crucible- 40ml
- Muffle Furnace- 750° C
- Dry the silica Crucible for half an hour at 105° C. cool for about 20 min in Desiccators and weight them (B).
- Weight 1 gm of sample(A). Keep sample in silica crucible.
- Place the silica with sample in muffle furnace at 750° c for 1 h. cool in desiccators and weight them ( C).
Ash content (%) = ( C – B) * 100 / A
- A – Mass of sample
- B – Oven dry-mass of silica crucible
- C – Oven dry-mass of silica crucible with residue
REFERANCE: – IS 199-1989