Colour Fastness to Organic Solvent
container (with means of agitation)
- Adjacent multi fabrics (10X4cm)
- Grey Scales
- Trichloroethylene or Perchloroethalene
- Condition the sample to
moisture equilibrium in standard atmosphere temperature 27±2 oC and
HR 65± 2 %.for 24 hour.
- Place the composite specimen
and the solvent in the container.
- The liquor ratio is 40:1
- Agitate the specimen by hand
with glass rod for 30 min( in room temperature)
- The specimen should be pressed against the
container every 2 min with glass rod without removing the specimen from solvent.
- Remove the specimen squeeze and
dry it air at 80 ±2oC without unstitching.
- Take the precaution necessary
for safety in drying explosive solvent.
- Remove the stitching,
- Evaluate the change on colour
of the treated specimen by method IS 768-1982.
Note: If sample is multicolor fabrics- minimum one sample for each colour
REFFERENCE SPECIFICATION : IS 688: 1988