Moisture Content in Textile
- Drying oven (at 105°C ±3°C)
- Weighing balance
- Weighing bottle
- Condition the sample to moisture equilibrium in standard atmosphere temperature 27±2 o C and HR 65± 2 %.for 24 hour.
- Take the test specimen weigh 3 g accurately in clean and dry tared weighing bottle.
- Place the weighing bottle containing the test specimen in drying oven.
- Dry the specimen at 105°C ± 3°C to constant mass.
Moisture content, ( % ) = ( A – B ) *100 / A
- A – Original mass in g of test specimen and
- B – Oven dry mass in g for test specimen
REFFERENCE : IS 199: 1989